The Finance Team is comprised of ambitious people, driven by a desire to create real impact by supporting Amnesty International to campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We work in collaboration with other organisational support colleagues to provide value-creating business partnering services for our human rights researchers and campaigners. We recognise that innovation and continuous improvement are crucial to delivering best-in-class finance services. The results of our 2016 Finance Survey indicate that customer satisfaction continues to improve.
Since 2011, the finance team has modernised Amnesty’s financial operations to ensure that the organisation is fit to respond to the realities of an increasingly uncertain international operating environment. This has been achieved by:
- Leading all financial aspects of the Global Transition Programme (creation of Regional Offices in 15 new locations across the world)
- Ensuring that the senior leadership is empowered to make strategic and impactful decisions regarding use of donor funds
- Delivering increased transparency in our financial reporting for our globally dispersed stakeholders
- Ensuring value for money is central to all investment decisions
- Being the first team at Amnesty to implement a talent strategy, ensuring that we attract and retain talent